Green tourism Blended-learning training as an Innovative Route for developing Destinations
GREEN TOUR transferring a B-learning Tool to develop and increase skills and competences. The project with the development of a training material is a good motivational factor to train and educate the people employed in the tourism sector, towards to strengthen the number and quality of local jobs created/supported by tourism – increased demand for tourist services is not always followed by increased number of qualified people. Although qualified professionals in tourism exist, there is a lack of tourism staff with competencies and skills to meet customer demand and labour market needs. The project will increase the knowledge and the quality of the services giving good example a guide for other tourism sectors. Education with specific knowledge and promote local cooperation are the best ways to increase ecotourism sector in the countries of European Union.
Target group of the project
The target group of the project are entrepreneurs, future entrepreneurs who want to develop business; young people who are interested to learn sustainability and green tourism or would like to supplement their tourism diploma, local development promoters/agents, municipality technicians and stakeholders who, by the nature of their professionals activities have to define policies and strategies connected to tourism sector; and technicians and professionals of tourism sector who would like to develop or increase their know-how and skills in this scope.
The modules are the following:
- Introduction of green tourism – what is green tourism what are the benefits for the business, for the tourists, for the local community
- Green tourism, Sustainability and Ethical Issues
- Promotion of green tourism -foreign languages; effective communication techniques and IT tools for more efficient marketing
- Green tourism management – how to run a business dealing with green tourism
- Tourism for disabled – training module on how to create tourism programs for disabled people.
- Work in Networks
- Safety and Quality in green tourism
- Thematic tour – training module which present the importance of the cooperation between local people in the field of green tourism
Overall aims of the project:
- To develop a blended training course that allows the participations to develop and improve the skills and competences necessaries related to green tourism and ecology.
- To allow learners to continue living in the rural areas by increasing new opportunities of employability, developing the existing small business and potentiate new ones, preserving local nature and culture background and also promote the green and nature conservation.
- To ensure special training for young people and for others who are interested in green tourism. This training will be a good specialisation before/after high-level tourism courses ensure by the universities.
- To raises awareness and cooperation on relevant stakeholders, manufacturers and local development associations about tourism potential of their regions and will facilitate to define policies and strategies.
- Minimalize the use of scarce and non-renewable resources in the development and operation of tourism facilities and services and thus reduce the impact of tourism on energy and water demand.
- Underline the importance of using new IT and marketing possibilities (website, mobile applications, e-newsletter, QR code) in sustainable and green tourism.
- To motivate the cooperation between local entrepreneurs, companies, municipalities, manufacturers and the maintainer of ecotourism attractions and National Parks.
- Educating how to care disabled person and the importance of creating ecotourism programs, guides for deaf, blind and handicapped people in the field of rural/ecotourism.
- The project will be a local developer tool to deprived regions, increasing the employment potential.
Concrete aims/results of the project:
- Create Competence Validation Tool containing questions/situations with several options to answer for the target group – to measure participants knowledge
- Create three “thematic tour” in every partner country which includes min. three ecotourism attraction. (National Parks, eco farms, local manufacturers, environmental associations, arboretums, etc.)
- Emphasize the importance of creating IT tools for marketing. website, e-newsletters and mobile applications could help reaching target group.
- To complement green tourism and ecotourism education in the partner countries. Greening tourism is very important segment of tourism and partner countries needs a complex educational material to increase knowledge, entrepreneurship in this field. In Hungary there is no available green tourism educational training provided by educational institutions (VET centres, Universities, Colleges)
- To create an educational material which put a great emphasis on practical knowledge and not only theoretical knowledge.
The project based on NATUR project – which was submitted and supported in Portugal in 2010. The partner countries of NATUR project: Estonia, Netherland, Turkey.
- Education and Training Monitor 2014 – Hungary
- Tourism in the Green Economy – Background Report (2012, United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and World Tourism Organization (UNWTO))
- Dr. Lóránt Dávid által összeálltott kurzusterv
Cím: TOURISM ECOLOGY AND RESPONSIBLE SUSTAINABLE TOURISM DEVELOPMENT (A GLOBAL OVERVIEW)